"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Thursday, December 29, 2011

...no consequences to work gutsiness.

(At least I tried)

I'm still at 19 hours per week at the retirement home and there wasn't any further discussion of full time or more hours or benefits. I haven't been reappointed at the university for Winter quarter (they use way less part-timers in Winter, and were able to cover all needs with graduate students). So here I am again, working half time, no benefits...closing out 2011 and the last few days of my COBRA insurance coverage.

But something better has got to be right around the corner.

Speaking of, I got about $620 worth of holiday bonus between the residents at the retirement home (the larger portion) and the company I work for (a measly portion). And, I should have another bonus coming to me just next week, for "recruiting" another employee and having them last 3 months. Doesn't change my current financial straits, but it will help at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment