"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Worn out :(

I haven't had a day off in 6 weeks now...

I am tired all of the time.
The food is getting moldy in my refrigerator because I don't have the energy to cook.
My house is a mess. Cat hair tumbleweeds blow by, my dishes from days ago sit by the sink.
There are piles of leaves in front of my house, smothering the plants below. I don't have time or energy to rake.
I have canvases that I bought to paint for a show next month that are still sitting blank in their plastic wrapper.
Sometimes I am lecturing the class I teach and I lose my train of thought.
I am supposed to be finding subs all this month to cover my volunteer shift at the hospital (so I can work at my retirement home job) but I'm running out of willing volunteers.
A couple days ago, one of the residents at the retirement home made a nasty remark to me during lunch and I was in tears for half an hour and distracted all afternoon.

I'm burnt out.

Next month, my coworker at the retirement home is going to be back from maternity leave, and my hours there are being cut from 38 down to 20. I am so relieved. I'll be able to go back to hospital volunteering and still have an entire weekend day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment