"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oh, but this is all just review for you, isn't it?

I kind of love and kind of hate that some of my teachers have so much confidence in me sometimes, or assume that the content is easy for me. They think, oh, she's got a biology degree already, this content is effortless for her!

But stop and think about that for a minute. How many undergraduate biology courses do you know of where they go over acute interventions for increased intracranial pressure? How about the specifics of traction setups? Or different methods of modifying the bowel after a portion of it has been removed?

Yes, I have probably a better understanding of some of the anatomy and physiology of mammals than some of my classmates. And I'm a good critical thinker. But I'm still working HARD!!!

My training in marine biology is not so much helping me with patient care, I promise. If anything, the greatest benefit of having a couple degrees behind me already is that I know how to be a good student; I know how to study well, and I'm not as shy about asking the questions I need to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment