"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Tuesday, October 29, 2013

energy slump!

I have sort of been dragging my feet on everything for the last couple of weeks. I can blame part of it on having had bronchitis, and it's lingering effects. But part of it, I think, is just due to getting a lower grade than I expected to get on my midterm clinical eval and letting it get me down. A B+ is a fine grade, but I had it in my mind that my semester was going so well that I deserved an A. Woe is me. Not.

Asking around to my classmates, I haven't yet come across anyone who got an A on their midterm eval, not even an A-. And a general theme in the feedback is that we need to exhibit more confidence in the clinical setting.

That feedback and grade, unfortunately, I let have the opposite effect on my confidence. I skulked into clinical feeling worse about myself, and self conscious, and wondering what it was I had been doing that made me seem not confident (because up until that point, I had felt confident!).

I think a big part of doing well in nursing school clinical is letting go of the anxiety about being judged, and just diving in. I hope that by next Monday, when I go back, I won't be feeling sick anymore, and I can really bounce back and go full steam ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment