"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Update on Job Status -- Receptionist Position

I still haven't heard anything back from the people I interviewed with recently for the receptionist position at the nursing home, but my current boss told me that they had called to ask about me. I guess that is a good sign. I get nervous thinking that they are calling around to that long list of previous employers I gave them. I think most of those folks would give me a positive review, but I know there's a chance one or two might not just to circumstances at the time, and it makes me nervous, that's all.

There is another woman who worked in the tutoring office last semester who is going to start the nursing program locally this fall. She came in briefly today to talk to our boss, and I asked her if she was excited about starting in August. She said, "Yes!...but I am a little nervous about what it will be like, with all that they put us through just to try and get in at all." She also said that she had bought her required uniforms, and that one of the required scrub shirts was like 50 bucks (the school has an embroidered insignia on there, but geez!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment