"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Saturday, September 21, 2013

Exam jitters

I had to miss class one day last week. I had caught a stomach bug (two faculty have had it, one of my classmate's daughters). It happened to be a test day. I was feeling only somewhat prepared for the test, so part of me wasn't unhappy about having to stay home.

Now, though, I have to make up the test, within a week. And There are two tests this coming week already, so now I will have three. Adding to my nervousness, without sharing any details of the exam (which I wouldn't want to hear), my classmates have said that it was, "really hard," and, "make sure to read the chapters, not just learn the powerpoints." 

I have been feeling low energy since the day I was sick, though most of the vomiting etc was done within 24 hours, and I have sort of gotten behind on everything. I don't have clinical this week (but do have my internship one day) so it will provide me a little more time to catch up, which I desperately need to use wisely. Instead I am just sitting here being sort of anxious and jumpy, while at the same time my head feels foggy.

I think if I just make myself get started, I will be on a roll. I can intersperse cleaning chores in between to get me up and moving now and then, and stop me from being in a study stupor. Yeah...now...GO.   I said GO!

Brain not cooperating ;-)

Better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment