"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mid-sleep panic

I spent many hours yesterday making my flashcards and reviewing lecture and reading material. Right up until bed time, in fact.. of course, I did listen to a book on tape of something entirely fictional and fluffy in between studying and really falling asleep, but I think the nursing material was still on my mind.

I remember waking up a couple of times in the middle of the night and feeling panicky with thoughts of, "I'm not going to be able to do this, I'm not good enough, I can't memorize it all, I won't get a job..."

I was able to tell myself that the middle of the night is not the right time to be considering these things, and fall back asleep. And I feel..well..pretty good about my path and future by the light of day.

I'm doing well in my classes, clinical is going very nicely this term, and I feel very supported and liked by my teachers and most of my classmates and the staff nurses I've worked with. I don't know why I'm filled with so much self doubt sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment