"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Friends (of friends) in high places

So my carpool buddy had mentioned that her mother in law (I think that's the relationship) works at the local hospital that I have my heart set on working at some day. I found out when I was volunteering yesterday that she's very far up in the ranks, in administration. That's got to be a good contact to have.

Cathy (the carpool buddy) wants to work at the local prison after she gets her RN though; she says an RN with a 2 year degree clears 100k there, and that a good friend of hers works there and is really happy. Somehow I don't think that would be the best fit for me, but I guess if I needed to for a while, I would do it.

I'm feeling much more settled at my job in the retirement home. I got to check in our newest resident this afternoon, and show her how our emergency pager system works. Sunday is the best day ever to work, because there's very little going on and I can catch up on all sorts of projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment