"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nursing School Application...Turned In.

I think I forgot to mention here that I turned in my nursing school application a couple of weeks ago. Things have felt so busy since I started my new job. But I guess it's worth mentioning.

I hand-carried it to the admissions office. I got a former teacher of mine to verify my proficiency in a second language, I had a previous community college where I took a music class send my transcripts (they already had my other ones on file), I included copies of my paystubs from the time when I was taking pre-req classes, and checked and double checked that all blanks were filled out correctly. I wrote a cover letter, not required or even suggested, but I thought it would make it come across as more professional.

When I handed it to the guy behind the glass window, he looked through all my documents I had included...I guess to check that the necessary stuff was there, and although it's not common practice, I specially requested that he write a signed note and date/time stamp it that he had received my application. This would not be the time to have the college lose my paperwork!

I probably won't hear anything for a while. But it's in!

No comments:

Post a Comment