"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Family Reaction, Part 2

In my last post about family reactions I think I dwelt on the negative and didn't emphasize some of the positive feedback I got. For example, from my sister:
"I can totally see you being the best, most caring nurse ever!"

And let's not forget the friends...
From my best college pal:
"You would make a great nurse"

From a grad school classmate:
"i'd say do it!"

Somewhat negative response again from a college classmate that knows me pretty well:

"Nursing is a very rewarding career and I have taught many students who are now in nursing programs. You would be able to help many people and look back on a very satisfying career. However, your analytical mind might get bored with such a program. Not to put nursing down in any way, but you're a woman with a mind for deductive reasoning and analysis, both of which may be limited in the nursing field."

My reaction to that was: don't nurses use deductive reasoning?!

Anyway, in the end, it's just up to me. Pick a direction, move in that direction, if at some point it doesn't seem like the right path anymore, change courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment