"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Motivation Dip


It's Sunday night. Next week is the last instructional week of the semester and then there will be finals week. This Wednesday I'm scheduled to take my last lab exam, on the urinary and reproductive systems, and the following Wednesday night I'll be taking the final.

I haven't *really* started studying the urinary and reproductive systems yet. I need to put in some time on that tonight. For the last couple lab exams I have been trying a new technique: making myself some self-quizzing power points that go through step by step each structure/function/whatever I need to know. I've gotten really good grades on the last two exams this way but it is kind of tedious. Knowing it's a sure-fire method though, I want to stick with it, and I'd better get started.

So I'm trying to get myself re-motivated to buckle down and study.

I suppose there are the negative motivations:
-If I get a B rather than an A (both realistic options at this point), that might lessen my chances of being accepted into nursing school.
-It would be a bummer to not get the highest grade possible after all the other work I've put into this class this semester.
-Do first jobs in the nursing field ask for transcripts? Would they hire someone with more A's over someone with more B's?

Positive motivations to finish up with a bang this semester:
-picturing myself helping a patient down the road
-I am lucky to be capable of an A, so I should really do my best to get there
-bragging rights
-The more I can incorporate into my memory this semester during Anatomy, the easier Physiology should be next semester, right?
-If I do really well on this next lab exam, that material is only going to show up again on the final, so I might as well learn it well now.

No comments:

Post a Comment