"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pre-Nursing Jobs


In talking to my pre-nursing classmates, many of them have part or full time jobs, some in the health professions. Right now I am tutoring biology and english part time. It's not really enough to live off of. Some of the jobs I have been either applying for or preparing to apply for, or some of my classmates are doing are:

-working at a blood bank
-phlebotomy (requires a small amount of schooling and a license)
-cardiac monitor tech
-medical assisting (usually after going through a 4 or 5 month program)
-ward clerk
-home health aide
-admitting clerk
-medical transporter
-certified nurse assistant (requires more schooling/training/testing)

I think getting a job at a hospital, where often 3 twelve hour shifts are considered full-time, might be ideal in working with my 3 day per week student schedule next semester. At this point though, I would be thankful for any full time job. Any pre-nursing or nursing student readers? What did you do to earn money or experience before nursing school?

No comments:

Post a Comment