"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B." - J. Yorke


Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Realization

Even though I got my second job and don't really have time for a third one, I still browse the hospital job boards around here for interest's sake and to see if I can learn anything. I forgot to mention that last month I saw several (maybe 6?) RN1 jobs with posts that specified that they were only available to local graduates, meaning in this case, the community college I'm going to attend.

I had been worried a little bit in the back of my mind since my dad made a comment about it being hard for anyone to get a job here because it is such a sought after place to live. But if I do well in school, and stay in the top of my class, and many of my classmates want to move to the big city or somewhere else for higher salaries, I might have a decent shot at one of the two major local hospitals right out of school.

I did a little poking around online today trying to find any blogs by people who have attended or are attending the nursing school I am applying to, and I didn't find any (probably because they are too busy, or anonymous), but I did come across the graduation video from this year's outgoing class. It was the first glimpse I'd gotten of what nursing school might look like from the inside; when I went to see a school counselor last fall and asked about observing a class or two to see if I thought it would be a good fit, she told me that it wouldn't be allowed for legal reasons. But in the video, I got to see students practicing IV's on each other and stuff.

There was also a second video, a music video that the class had made at some point during their second year. It looked like the students involved were having a lot of fun and de-stressing together.

My new personal theme song of the moment is Joshua Radin's "It's a Brand New Day"



I feel like I'm finally moving on from the life I left behind with graduate school and am starting a new chapter. It only took a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment